Student success is key and every student is different. We are proud to boast an on-site team of experts who actively support student learning while monitoring the progress of each learner.
Our in-house Resource Department ensures that the educational needs of our students are met across the curriculum, through testing, follow-up meetings and individualized programming.
The Department of Academic Services provides academic support to students with learning difficulties and disabilities. The objective is to provide personalized aid which is specific to each student’s needs.
Our team is comprised of two special ed. teachers, a Francophone orthopedagogue, an Anglophone special ed. resource technician, a resource teacher in Jewish studies, and a director of academic services who oversees the distribution of services and establishes Individualized Education Programswith the pedagogical team.
Our services include:
- Universal screening for all Secondary I and II classes, which assesses all students of the same grade in English and French Our goal is to identify students who require more individualized attention.
- 4 modified History-Geography classes in Secondary I and II for students needing a lighter program adapted to their difficulties. These classes are smaller, and can accommodate up to 8 students.
- 4 French reinforcement classes in Secondary I and II for students needing additional support in French. These classes replace their Jewish History classes. This program aims to develop reading comprehension and writing strategies. These classes are smaller, and can accommodate up to 8 students.
- 2 groups for remediation in Secondary I and II, accommodating up to 4 students each. These groups comprise of students having learning disabilities (dyslexia, dysgraphia, etc.) and aim to address their specific needs using remedial software and adapted and individualized work methods.
- Individualized interventions in French, English, Hebrew, Math, and Science
- Meetings for Individualized Education Programs
- Accommodations for quizzes, tests, and exams